Medford Leas wellness philosophy extends...
With so many options for both living well and ongoing care, Medford Leas has dedicated a page to the many additional services available to residents. Wellness is a philosophy we believe in.
The Brain Gym is comprised of programming from Posit Science on eight computers. Medford Leas offers two programs. The program called “Brain Fitness” is designed to speed up how quickly you listen. The other, called “Insight”, is a vision based computer program that not only works on memory and increasing peripheral vision but also how fast you process what you see.
Therapeutic Recreation (TR) is central to the lives of residents in Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing units and features daily and evening activities.
TR Goals are designed to:
- Meet resident needs (7 dimensions of wellness)
- Help residents find meaning, usefulness, and purpose in life
- Provide opportunities to socialize, learn, laugh, create, and remember
- Help residents function at their maximum (physically, mentally, socially)
- Engage residents and keep them stimulated
- Allow them to be heard
- Let them know they are loved and cared about
- Promote self-esteem and self-respect
Wellness Center Admissions
The Nurse Liaison:
- Serves as a liaison for area hospitals, residents, and their families when a resident is admitted to the hospital
- Coordinates admissions to our skilled nursing area from local hospitals and other referral sources
- Communicates with the wellness team at Medford Leas regarding care needs, so as to facilitate immediate health care service delivery upon arrival back to Medford Leas
- Along with other Health Services team members, oversees discharge satisfaction survey results
The Social Workers:
- Serve as counselors and confidants to residents when they move into the community and as they move through the continuum of care
- Provide resources within the community and the surrounding area that will promote the highest quality of life
- Facilitate support groups (i.e. Grief Support, Caregiver Support), as needed
- Oversee the discharge planning for residents who have had a stay in the skilled nursing area and are returning home
- Reviews and updates Advanced Directive with residents and their families
The Director of Resident Services:
- Acts as a liaison to new residents and their families, providing resources and support as needed
- Facilitates resident and family meetings with the wellness team
- Coordinates internal moves for residents as they transition through the continuum of care
- Along with a resident committee, oversees the New Resident Orientation program
- Arranges resident parking and transportation of residents to medical and non-medical appointments
- Coordinates programs and events to enhance resident quality of life
The Medford Leas and contributes to resident wellness in many ways and is described in more detail on the activities pages of the residents’ website.
For information or to check availability:
Health Care Admissions
Contact us to learn more about health services at our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in Medford NJ.